Saturday, January 26, 2013

soul starvation vs soul nutrition


Since starting this new lifestyle change and all of a sudden flooding my body with nutritious foods, I've come to a realization....

I think I've been starving myself my whole adult life.

First of all, starving myself of nutrition, thinking eating healthy was too much work and that I wasn't really worth it.

Starving myself of wholeness. Using other things in this world that I thought would satisfy, but realizing that God's love is the only thing that can. When I feed myself, truly feed myself with good things, I feed my soul at the same time, and begin to let go of the things that try to hold onto my so tightly. I honour God's creation - me - through nourishment and good food.

Starving myself of energy. I never thought I had as much energy as the people around me. I always felt like I had to try so hard in everything.

Starving myself of creativity. If you know me well - you know that I am a creative person. I love photography, creating music, playing music. I've realized these past few months, especially with being quite depressed, when I don't feed myself with good things, it influences my mood and makes me not want to do the things that I love the most - which is be creative!

Starving myself of security. Just in the past week, planning out my meals in advance, focusing my shopping, and having a full fridge and cupboards with nothing but good foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, coconut oil - I've felt safe, secure and stable. I don't think I was a really unwise shopper before, but I do think going to the grocery store without a plan was making me feel somewhat out of control.

I'm not looking for a diet anymore, I'm looking for healing. Healing that comes from letting God love me as I am, taking care of myself, and feeding myself as if I'm feeding my soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment